Clair Arts Festival Committee
Arts Festival Coordinator
Reporting to the St Clair Arts Festival Executive Committee,
the Arts Festival Coordinator will work in conjunction with
a volunteer artistic and administrative team to develop
and implement a successful community arts event. This part-time
position requires experience in event coordination, knowledge
in the performing and/or visual arts, and an interest in
working with a diverse community. Applicants should be detail-minded,
have good communication and computer skills.
The St. Clair Arts Festival, is a not for profit organization
that is organizing ArtWalk,
a first-time festival and studio tour in partnership with
Arts Council. The Festival will be held during Artsweek
on October 1, 2 and 3, 2004.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
Outreach to local artists, businesses and community stakeholders
- Scheduling of all artistic activities and the undertaking
of project management in conjunction with the Chair of the
- Manage event logistics and coordinate project plan
- Assist in implement the marketing and promotions plans
for the event
- Work with local BIA Chair to communicate event activities
- Assist the volunteer Performing Arts Coordinator with
the organization of venues and musicians
- Assist the volunteer Visual Arts Coordinator with the
organization of the studio tour and venues for hanging works
- Attend St. Clair Arts Festival General and Executive Meetings
- Provide administrative, evaluation and project support
To apply, please send a resume and a short letter stating
why you wish to be part of this project by August 6, 2004.
Hours are flexible, part-time and remuneration is $375 week.
The position will run 8 weeks from August 16 – October 8.
or fax to 416-241-2124, attention: Lilita Tannis, Executive