Main entrance escalator closed and overnight work
As part of the Easier Access work at the main entrance at St Clair West Station, crews will be closing the “down” escalator in order to conduct structural support work for the street level elevator. Here are the details
Start date: Wednesday, March 16, 2017 to May 15, 2017
- The “down” escalator at the main entrance will be taken out of service so that crews can safely install structural support for the street level elevator.
- The other escalator will remain available for customer use in the “up” direction.
- Access to the stairs will remain open and detours with signage will be in place.
- The main entrance will remain open during construction at street level.
- Construction activities will occur during the nighttime hours when there is less pedestrian traffic.
- Noise and vibration associated with construction is expected. Efforts will be made to keep noise levels to a minimum.